Leaving Your Little Stays Holiday Accommodation
We are often asked how you should leave your holiday cottage at the end of your stay. Basically, it should be left as you found it, but here's a useful guide:
- It's really important that you leave by the stated time because it takes us most of the day to get the property ready for the next guests.
- All rubbish and recycling should be left in the bin area allocated for this.
- All washing up from your stay should have been done and put away. It's fine for the dishwasher to be left on with your final load.
- The kitchen table and all kitchen surfaces should be clean.
- Any spillages made during your stay should be cleaned up.
- Make sure you check all rooms before you leave, as well as the garden and hot tub area, so that you don't leave anything behind.
- If any furniture has been moved during your stay, it must be returned to its original position (this doesn’t include baby and toddler equipment).
- There's no need to worry about stripping beds; all towels, etc. that you've used can be left in the bathrooms.
- If you've used any tablecloths and napkins supplied, please leave them in the kitchen or utility area. These are sent to the laundry so you don't need to wash them unless you want to re-use them during your stay.
- If anything is damaged during your stay it's always best to let the property owner/manager know in the first instance, rather than leave it till you leave, or after you've left. People tend to be more understanding that way.
- If you brought your dog with you on holiday please have a final check around the outdoor area and make sure that any poop is picked up.
- If you feel there is anything missing from your holiday cottage or if anything isn't working properly do let us know – guests’ thoughts are important to us in this respect as we rarely stay in the properties ourselves.
- If there was a key left for you in a key safe or other secure place, please make sure it's put back for the next guests.
You'll be emailed a link after your stay, asking you to complete your feedback for the property; it's invaluable to us if you can do this as it helps us to make any improvements needed.